Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH711284
Are you a passionate and dedicated Secondary Teacher looking for a rewarding opportunity?
Mullewa District High School (DHS) are seeking to establish a pool of Secondary Generalist Teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- Attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $13 730 per year
- Locality allowance of $166 per year
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised accommodation where applicable
- Free relocation
About the Role
This role will suit someone who is highly motivated, relationship-focused and passionate about creating exciting learning experiences to ignite a desire to learn in students.
The Ideal Teacher
We ideally require Teachers who values relationships with students and the community, someone who can work effectively with all of our stakeholders to achieve the best educational outcomes for students.
As a Teacher at our school, suitable applicants will work collaboratively with others to help create and maintain an engaging and stimulating learning environment for students to enjoy and will be able to help inspire students to develop a passion for learning.
Suitable applicants will ideally have the ability to create an effective, engaging and inclusive learning environment based on high expectations. You will ideally have an understanding of appropriate assessments and be able to use data to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching programs, set targets and plan for differentiated learning opportunities for all students in their class aligned strongly to the Western Australian Curriculum and the attainment of a Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE).
We are a Positive Behaviour School (PBS) and our school wide expectations are to Be Safe, Be Respectful and Be Solid. These are the values our school is proud to hold.
Our outstanding team of teachers, Aboriginal and Islander Education Officers and experienced Education Assistants provide engaging classes and programs for our students from Kindergarten through to Year 12.
Our school is involved with the Fogarty Edvance program and we are looking for teachers who have knowledge to teach High Impact Instruction (Explicit Direct Instruction (EDI) and Direct Instruction (DI)).
The school has a strong focus on PBS catering for students’ wellbeing. We also have a strong focus on literacy and numeracy with an innovative intervention strategy for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. The school is creating purposeful programs to provide clear career pathways for our secondary students.
The Location and Community
Mullewa is just a one hour drive east of Geraldton. This beautiful town is famous for wildflowers with many being unique to the region.
For more information about Mullewa visit here.
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9264 5154.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mullewa District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Nicki Patterson, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Mullewa, by telephoning (08) 9961 1114 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 3 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.