Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA711937
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you a highly motivated and innovative leader committed to building a culture of excellence in teaching and learning?
Ballajura Community College (CC) is seeking a passionate, enthusiastic and empowered individual to join our leadership team, as Head of Department (HOD) Health and Physical Education.
To be suitable for this role, the successful applicant will be responsible for developing and leading an effective team of teachers focussed on providing high quality teaching and learning. You will provide curriculum leadership and coordinate the planning, teaching, learning and monitoring of students to ensure a wide range of teaching and learning strategies and the use of learning technologies are appropriately employed within the team to meet the individual learning needs of students. The HOD of Health and Physical Education position will suit a vibrant person who has exceptional interpersonal skills, a person who always tries to excel and is able to motivate the learning area team to achieve great outcomes.
The successful applicant should ideally possess a high level of personal subject area expertise and a willingness to contribute to the development of subject expertise within the team. Your leadership skills will be used to ensure an effective team approach to enhancing the social, emotional and behavioural development of students through contemporary, strategic and targeted intervention. As the HOD of Health and Physical Education, you will ideally actively engage in the development of a positive school culture and procedures to support the ethos of Ballajura Community College.
The HOD of Health and Physical Education will have responsibility for the leadership and management of programs and courses across Years 7 - 12. In collaboration with the Principal and members of the Executive team, the HOD of Health and Physical Education provides educational leadership in the College and the community by developing and promoting the College vision, and encouraging staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the College's vision and goals. Using effective change strategies, the successful applicant will lead the College community to accept and develop opportunities for improved service in the area of Health and Physical Education.
The sporting facilities include a recently refurbished double full-size gymnasium, fitness centre, climbing wall, basketball, tennis, netball, soccer and cricket areas.
The position will include up to a 0.7 teaching load.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ballajura CC can be found by visiting bcc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Barry Smith, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9262 7777 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to four (3-4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 4 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED