Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE711162
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible twelve (12) months extension and/or permanency
The Role and our Branch
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and committed professional to join our branch as a Senior Resourcing Officer. You will:
- Model and analyse the impact of changes in Commonwealth funding arrangements
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of corporate level reports to complement existing modelling and reporting.
- Prepare Commonwealth financial compliance and reporting requirements, including preparation of the annual acquittal and compliance certification under the Australian Education Act.
- Provide advice and support to clients on issues related to budgeting, financial accounting, legislation and accountability.
- Contribute to the evaluation, development, implementation and review of financial accounting policies and strategic planning and reporting issues.
As the successful applicant you will lead some of the Branch’s goals and projects and represent the Directorate on committees and working parties to develop and implement processes and procedures for complying with accounting, funding agreements and financial legislation. You will contribute to the management of the Branch by ensuring a safe work environment that fosters equity, diversity and enables the achievement of personal and EBS goals and facilitates accomplishment of designated roles and deliverables.
A critical aspect of the role as Senior Resourcing Officer is to build and maintain effective relationships with budget holders across the Department to facilitate budget management, reporting delivery outcomes and acquittal requirements. As the successful applicant, you will establish and maintain collaborative working relationships and effective communication networks with internal and external stakeholders to ensure access to diverse specialist knowledge and achieve the Branch’s business goals.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Extensive experience in the development of financial models and use of financial management information systems and budget tools to deliver a financial management service.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and research skills, including the ability to provide solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
- Highly developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including consultation and collaboration to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and substantial experience in the preparation of detailed financial reports and briefing notes.
- Well developed skills and experience in achieving outcomes and delivering quality products and services consistent with customer needs and defined quality expectations, including timeliness.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, including the Financial Management Act, Treasurer’s Instructions and the Australian Accounting Standards.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Kerry Spencer, Manager Intergovernmental Finance on by telephoning (08) 9264 4164 or emailing Kerry.Spencer@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold relevant tertiary qualification in business, commerce, finance or related field or equivalent substantial experience
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 3 November 2021.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.