Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS705942
Challis Community Primary School (CPS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated Education Assistant - Mainstreams for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally have excellent communication and collaboration skills as they will assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs and to implement individual or small group programs. A positive attitude and the ability to anticipate and adapt to change, showing initiative, flexibility and creative problem solving to produce the best opportunities for all students are attributes we are seeking.
Our Education Assistants will work in collaboration with the teacher to create an inclusive and supportive environment. They will work under limited supervision and guidance and perform tasks that require discretion, judgement and initiative in achieving clearly defined outcomes determined by the teacher. It is desirable that applicants possess strong communication skills and the ability to keep comprehensive records, and be confident in the use of information technology.
Challis CPS believes in enabling students to reach their academic, social and emotional potential whilst becoming valuable members of the community. As a school community our mission is to deliver an excellent standard of education that supports students to achieve results equal to, or above state norms. Our school provides high quality education, alongside innovative programs and services, which cater to the needs of each individual child and their family. Challis CPS is unique in offering health and education services from birth, with formal schooling ranging from 3 Year Old Pre-Kindergarten to Year 6.
Our school's teaching programs allow all children to develop the necessary knowledge and skills to become confident learners. We pride ourselves on offering effective, individualised Literacy and Numeracy programs. We also offer a variety of specialist subjects including Music, Science, History, Physical Education and Health. The Challis Parenting and Early Learning Centre offers a selection of health, education and social services including a Child Health Nurse, new mothers' groups, playgroups and parent education sessions.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Challis Community Primary School can be found by visiting www.challiscommunityprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Heather Lewis, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9391 4100 or emailing Heather.Lewis2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 1 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.