Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH706084
The School Of Special Educational Needs: Behaviour and Engagement (SSEN: BE) is seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
SSEN: BE is seeking to recruit dedicated and enthusiastic Teachers – Engagement to join their team in the Greater Bunbury Engagement Centre - East Bunbury.
As an accomplished practitioner, suitable applicants will develop, implement and report on individual case management of Kindergarten to Year 12 students with highly complex needs and challenging behaviour and create and maintain safe and supportive learning environments. Suitable applicants will confidently provide a high level of consultancy to school staff and establish and maintain effective working relationships to improve student related outcomes. Teachers will participate in and deliver targeted professional learning as part of their work, to engage professionally with colleagues, parents and the community including other Departmental teams and external agencies to support student engagement. Suitable applicants will also be responsible for teaching students that are located on-site at the Engagement Centre on an alternate education arrangement as part of supporting multi-tiered systems of support to student engagement.
Knowledge of Functional Behaviour Assessment (FBA): Special Educational Needs (SEN) planning; social and emotional learning programs; Trauma Informed Practice; Positive Behaviour Support; and an application of student behavioural interventions would be considered advantageous. Suitable applicants should ideally have prior experience and knowledge in managing challenging behaviours for students along with supporting other colleagues to develop improved behaviour management skill sets.
The SSEN: BE provides educational support and services to schools for students with extreme, complex and challenging behaviours across a K-12 context. A continuum of consultative support to schools for students is delivered through Engagement Centres and the Midland Learning Academy. The services of the Engagement Centres and the Academy are coordinated through SSEN: BE which provides the administrative structure that oversees and manages these services as a State-wide model of support for schools, teachers and students. The services complement other teams working in networks, regions and schools, supporting a greater number of students across the state.
Engagement Centres coordinate the K-12 provision of the following three services:
- Professional learning to improve student engagement and behaviour
- Consultative support for schools needing additional assistance with planning for those students with very complex needs
- Intensive support for individual students exhibiting the most extreme, challenging and complex needs.
Suitable applicants will be located on site at the Greater Bunbury Engagement Centre. This position will involve suitable applicants visiting schools in the South West region to provide support. It may also involve travel across our school. The successful applicant will also be required to attend associated training and school development days in Perth as our main school site operates out of Statewide Services Centre in Padbury. This will involve overnight stays. Applicants will need to hold and maintain a current WA drivers’ licence.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about SSEN: BE can be found by visiting ssenbe.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Kerrie Brede, Program Coordinator, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bunbury, by telephoning 0491 220 418 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process..
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 2 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.