Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS710551
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2021
Caversham Valley Primary School (PS) is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Cleaner In Charge, who is able to lead other cleaners to establish and maintain a high standard of cleaning within our school.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the organising and supervising of school cleaning staff, including relief staff; purchasing, stocktake of cleaning resources; maintenance of cleaning equipment; and undertake cleaning of allocated internal and external areas.
The successful applicant will organise and supervise our cleaning team liaising with the Manager Corporate Services on cleaning matters with responsibility for locking and unlocking the school, including operating the security alarm system. They will provide on the job induction training for all new cleaning staff, conduct monthly cleaning inspections as well as record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communications book.
As a team leader the successful applicant should ideally have good communication and interpersonal skills and be a conscientious and reliable worker, having knowledge of the cleaning processes and cleaning equipment. Ideally, you will be a highly motivated and proactive person who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace in order to provide a visually pleasing and safe learning environment for our students, staff and visitors to the school
Our school is located 15km from the centre of Perth in the growing suburb of Caversham, near the Swan Valley, surrounded by rapidly developing housing estates with many young families. Our school community includes families of different backgrounds and cultures, many from overseas where English is not always the first language or dialect spoken at home.
Caversham Valley PS opened in February 2020 catering from Kindergarten to Year 6, with our campus consisting of four teaching blocks, undercover assembly area, large library, excellent sporting facilities, and well maintained grounds providing a pleasant and inviting environment. Our teaching and learning environments reflect a positive and innovative approach that maximises learning opportunities for students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Caversham Valley Primary School please visit cavershamvalleyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Danielle Reimer, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9461 2700 or emailing Danielle.Reimer@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A comprehensive CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.