Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH710447
Are you a superb Teacher that is looking for a collaborative work environment which prioritises student success?
Cunderdin District High School (DHS) is seeking to establish a pool of high performing and professional Kindergarten to Year 6 Teachers to be part of our team for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
We are seeking innovative and proactive Teachers who will eagerly take on the challenges of a multi-age classroom through the implementation of a diverse and engaging curriculum for our students. Knowledge and experience in Explicit Instruction, Sounds Write, Growth Mindset, Brightpath and some intervention programs would be highly desirable.
Suitable applicants will be required to engage and build productive and positive working relationships with students and colleagues to strive towards achieving our vision and values as outlined in our ‘Business Plan 2021-2023’ to improve the outcomes of all students.
As an Independent Public School we hold high standards of our staff and students. Our school motto is ‘strive to be your best’. We have a beautiful learning environment that installs a sense of ownership from our staff and our students. We pride ourselves on our ‘country’ values and enjoy making a difference to the lives of the students at Cunderdin DHS. Suitable applicants should be interested in nurturing the whole child and have a strong dedication to the improvement and development of all students.
Cunderdin DHS is situated in the Wheatbelt, a short 160km east of Perth and 60km east of Northam. A small vibrant community with great amenities that provides opportunities for individuals to experience all that country life has to offer or alternatively it is a short one and a half hour drive back to Perth if you wish.
Vacancies may arise during the life of this pool that require specialist qualifications (for example vacancies within Early Childhood Education). Only applicants, in the pool, possessing the required qualifications will be considered for appointment in these circumstances.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cunderdin District High School can be found by visiting www.cunderdin.wa.gov.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Jonathon Arnott, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cunderdin, by telephoning (08) 9635 3300 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Monday, 15 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.