Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS707503
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2021
Guildford Primary School (PS) is looking to appoint a dedicated Library Officer to join their friendly team who is passionate about childhood literacy and will take an active interest in our students and work to make the library an accessible and welcoming place for all.
The successful applicant will ideally possess good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices and good interpersonal skills with the ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment. It is highly desirable that you possess the ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing. This position requires experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
In this role you will be responsible for the provision of reference information and maintaining the resources, environment and associated services of the school library to support the learning outcomes of students. The Library officer administers the library systems, ensuring library records are up-to-date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are accessible and available to students and staff at all times.
Guildford PS is the oldest continuously operating public school in the State. Catering for children from Kindergarten to Year 6, our school is an established and integral part of the Guildford community.
We understand that each child is an individual with their own style of learning. We work with our students to deliver a tailored and inclusive education that allows them to learn, explore and achieve their potential, in an environment that is safe, friendly and encouraging.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Guildford Primary School can be found by visiting guildfordps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kathy Barrett, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6216 1200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.