Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS709919
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2021
Do you have a green thumb and a passion for the outdoors?
North Albany Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a reliable and dedicated Assistant Gardener - Handyperson to effectively contribute to and maintain the presentation of the school grounds.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy maintaining the grounds, gardens and facilities for the benefit of our staff, students and school community.
The Assistant Gardener - Handyperson will provide gardening, grounds and facility management support to ensure a safe and clean school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
The successful applicant will ideally have effective communication skills to help develop and maintain good working relationships with school staff and external stakeholders. A sound knowledge of safe work practices and computer skills would also be highly desirable.
North Albany SHS is an independent public school located in Albany, a coastal city in the South West region of Western Australia. Known locally as North Albany SHS we are a comprehensive school providing secondary education for students in Year 7 to Year 12. North Albany SHS has an enviable reputation as a caring and supportive school.
North Albany SHS provides excellent facilities to support the teaching and learning programs. From our music studio and performing arts theatre to our photography studio and Japanese garden we strive to ensure learning is an enjoyable experience.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Albany Senior High School can be found by visiting www.nashs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job-related information
You are encouraged to contact Keely George, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Albany, by telephoning (08) 9892 0604 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment and apply safe working practices.
- Ability to assist in maintaining both soft and hard landscaped areas.
- Ability in the practical application and safe use of hand tools.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 2 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT TO BE ACCEPTED.