Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH711445
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Quinns Beach Primary School (PS) is seeking a fun, innovative, and enthusiastic team player to join their team and fill the position of a Music Specialist Primary Teacher.
The successful applicant will ideally be able to display a highly collaborative approach to planning and learning, and to be able to work proactively alongside all staff. Applicants who have strong communication skills, high initiative, and who are adept in integrating information and communications technology (ICT) into their teaching practice are encouraged to apply. We are seeking someone who will provide a fun, engaging, and hands-on approach to learning music, and who will build positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders.
The successful applicant will also ideally have extensive musical knowledge and technical skill, and be able to provide innovative teaching and learning programs for our students. The successful applicant should have outstanding interpersonal skills with a natural ability to communicate and relate to parents, students and staff members. They should possess a high level of energy and be highly organised.
In addition to the usual primary curriculum, we offer specialist programs in Music, supported by our well-resourced music department. Our instrumental music program is on offer for our years 4 to 6 students and we also boast an existing Junior and Senior Choir.
Quinns Beach PS is located 15km north of Joondalup, catering for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. We have a reputation for a highly professional and supportive culture. Our students experience many opportunities to participate in learning experiences that cater for student interests, learning styles and needs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Quinns Beach Primary School can be found by visiting quinnsbeachps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications.
For further job related information:
Please contact Taylor Webb, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9561 7400 or emailing Taylor.Webb@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 2 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.