Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS708320
Do you have the drive and desire to take on new challenges?
Pine View Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool for Education Assistants – Special Needs Level 3 for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencement within the 2022 school year.
Pine View (PS) in Baldivis is seeking highly motivated, flexible and collaborative staff to join our growing team. The school opened with students from K - Year 6 in 2021. The Education Support Program will open in 2022 and operate under the umbrella of Pine View PS. We are an inclusive school and successful applicants will be expected to work in both the Education Support Program and in mainstream classes.
Suitable applicants will focus on the development of the whole child. Our aim, in partnership with families, is to create unique, lifelong learners who are resilient and confident to tackle challenges of an academic and personal nature. All school staff support each individual child to thrive socially, emotionally and academically. Our common goal is to have the students in our mainstream and education support programs at the centre of everything we do and every decision we make. We will provide a unified approach to student well-being, where all staff will take shared responsibility to ensure that our students are well cared for and valued. Our education support students will be integrated into mainstream classes where appropriate.
Suitable applicants will, under teacher direction, assist in the implementation of specialised education programs such as occupational therapy, speech therapy and physiotherapy programs. You will also provide feedback on education and therapy programs and participate in the evaluation process relating to the achievement of individual goals. As part of your role, you will also be required to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
We require high-quality Education Assistants who are enthusiastic and dedicated to teaching and supporting students with Autism, intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities, sensory impairment, and challenging behaviours. It is desirable that staff are able to work with a range of student cohorts including homogenous ability groups and cross-set multi-age groups. The ability to work effectively with a team is the key to successfully performing this role.
Suitable applicants will support and continue to build the school’s culture, vision, values and future directions. The ideal qualities that you will bring to the role will be collaboration, flexibility and the ability to adapt to ongoing change as the school grows. You should exhibit exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, which will underpin positive, professional working relationships with staff, students, parents and the wider community. A positive culture is central to everything we do and this is underpinned by high expectations of student learning and behaviour. Suitable applicants should be generous with their time to continue the establishment of a highly regarded school.
Our school is located in the growing suburb of Baldivis, surrounded by developing housing estates with many young families. The school consists of an administration block, a library resource centre which contains the staff room, an early childhood block, three learning blocks, one of which has an Art/Science room, an education support block that includes sensory and therapy rooms, a covered assembly area, canteen and a music room and a multi-purpose playing court, junior football oval and cricket practise nets which will provide a pleasant and inviting environment.
Please note that this pool is only open to Level 3 Education Assistant – Special Needs
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including report writing and the ability to effectively interact with students with special needs, and liaise with parents, teachers and community members and assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute to a professional team and provide advice and evaluation in the development of the education program, including special education and therapy programs where they have been implemented.
- Ability to assist professionals in the implementation and evaluation of education programs, including special education and, if required, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Effective organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs and subsequent feedback and evaluation to teachers or psychologists.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Pine View PS can be found by visiting pineviewps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Suzanne Heath, Principal, by telephoning 9523 3940 or emailing Suzanne.Heath@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten Students may be required to have, or be actively
working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 1 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.