Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS704347
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Bunbury Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic Business Support Officer to join their dedicated team and assist the Manager Corporate Services (MCS) and Executive Team in a range of business operations.
The Business Support Officer role is varied, encompassing all areas of school operations. The successful candidate will ideally have an excellent working knowledge of Department of Education (Department) programs, such as School Information System (SIS), RM Finance, RM Billing, Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS), Recruitment Advertising Management System (RAMS), Vocational Education Training (VET) and the suite of MS Office products.
Bunbury SHS is a Connect school and operates a range of Department and third party applications including Consent2Go, Reporting to Parents (RTP), Subject Selection Online (SSO), Academy, Parent Teacher Online (PTO) and Student information Record System (SIRS). Working knowledge of these programs would be desirable.
Ideally you would have the ability to work under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. You will need to be flexible and you will work closely with the MCS, independently and as part of the administration team. Good interpersonal skills are ideal for the role as it entails assisting a range of college stakeholders. Interest in developing the skills and knowledge required to undertake the MCS role would be highly regarded.
Bunbury SHS is an Independent Public School and this flexibility in the way business is done enables full support of the range of special programs that are on offer in the school. These include the Bunbury Elite Sports Training (BEST) Program and the Visual Art Specialist Program (VASP).
Bunbury SHS was established in 1918 and is built on an impressive site on one of the city of Bunbury's highest points, Boulter's Heights. It is the fourth oldest government school in the state; thus, is entrenched in history and has very loyal and strong support from a large and diverse group of former students, parents and staff.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Considerable experience providing input and effective support to the development, management, implementation and monitoring of business operations, systems and plans.
- Well-developed financial management skills, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and the ability to provide recommendations.
- Sound human resource management knowledge and skills, including the ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- Sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bunbury Senior High School can be found by visiting www.bunburyshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Sue Gledhill, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in the Bunbury region, by telephoning (08) 9797 8900 or emailing Sue.Gledhill@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior tocommencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making withinsix months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 2 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.