Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SA705241
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Join us for this exciting career opportunity!
Champion Bay Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an educational leader with the skills, knowledge and motivation to continue to develop and maintain our Health and Physical Education learning area.
The successful applicant will ideally have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead an enthusiastic teaching team. It will be highly regarded that in this role you will maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of the learning area by fostering a calm, productive atmosphere and a culture where everyone contributes to the team. Professional discussion and debate will be encouraged in a safe and respectful way. You should model exemplary practice and support your teachers in all aspects of their work including teaching, student behaviour management, assessment, parent liaison and planning.
As the Head of Learning Area (HOLA), you will ideally have the skills to translate the priorities and strategies outlined in the Champion Bay SHS Business Plan into a learning area operational plan that provides clear direction for your staff. You will be supporting staff in their development both individually and as a team, but also ensure that they are professionally accountable, not just for their day-to-day work, but also for implementation of the Business Plan and achievement of the learning area’s goals. A key requirement of the position will be the ability to understand the wider school context and constructively work with other HOLAs and the Executive team to achieve broader Champion Bay SHS objectives.
Champion Bay SHS is an Independent Public School that provides a supportive and caring environment that emphasises the importance of respectful relationships and commitment to academic success across all programs in our school.
Champion Bay SHS is complex, diverse and is enjoyed by members of the school community. The passion and commitment demonstrated by students, staff and community members working together creates a positive learning environment where our students are nurtured to be 'even better'.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Champion Bay Senior High School can be found by visiting www.championbayshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Julie Campbell, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9965 8300 or emailing Julie.Campbell2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 1 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED