Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS709883
Morley Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic Education Assistants to permanent and fixed term, full time and part time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2022. Applicants can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will be working in a team environment, with teacher direction, and assist in the implementation of specialised education programs for individual students or small groups. They will, when required, provide feedback on education programs and participate in the evaluation process relating to the achievement of goals in the context of individual education programs and processes.
Suitable applicants will be deployed across the school catering for a wide spectrum of disability. The context ranges from students with high needs to students with mild to moderate disabilities in smaller classes in general learning areas. Suitable applicants will ideally hold a Certificate III in Education Support and/or have experience supporting students in a classroom. The range of students within mainstream classes includes those with physical disabilities such as Neuromuscular Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorder, or students with a diagnosis of Severe Mental Disorder.
Morley SHS's vision is to celebrate diversity and cater for the needs of all students, with the goal of everyone achieving their personal best. We strive to foster a culture of continuous improvement and high expectations in a supportive, engaging and vibrant learning environment.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including report writing and the ability to effectively interact with students with special needs, and liaise with parents, teachers and community members and assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute to a professional team and provide advice and evaluation in the development of the education program, including special education and therapy programs where they have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs and subsequent feedback and evaluation to teachers or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, if required, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Morley Senior High School can be found by visiting morleyshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Denise Patrick, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9376 5555 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.