Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP710525
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
West Balcatta Primary School (PS) is seeking a motivated, innovative and dedicated Deputy Principal to join our friendly team.
The Deputy Principal will lead Special Education Needs (SEN) and the Students at Educational Risk (SAER) processes within the school. The successful applicant will ideally possess the ability to collaborate with families and external agencies, building partnerships and relationships to support students at-risk. Experience in disability resourcing and complex individual case management will be advantageous. The successful applicant will facilitate staff professional learning opportunities to enable educators to effectively cater for all students. Highly developed interpersonal skills and a capacity to lead teams, comprised of varied personnel, including the chaplain and school psychologist, will be highly regarded.
In addition, the Deputy Principal will work closely with the leadership team to develop a clearly articulated strategic direction informed by extensive and rigorous data analysis. A strong knowledge of the Western Australian Curriculum and focus on continually improving students’ academic, social and emotional progress is highly desirable. Ideally the suitable applicant will apply effective collaborative approaches to create a school culture of shared responsibility to lead and maintain whole school improvement.
West Balcatta PS has a sustained history of high academic outcomes for all students and a proactively engaged community that advocate strongly for the school. Our committed staff use their professional expertise to deliver a current, engaging, and innovative curriculum that is respectful and embracing of all cultures and considers the diverse needs of students in a safe and inclusive setting.
Our staff collaborate regularly to review practice to ensure that our high expectations for learning and behaviour are achieved to develop each child’s potential. We respect and value strong partnerships with families and the community. As a result, the successful applicant should establish and maintain the cooperative partnerships and trusting relationships between families, staff, and students which are the foundations on which the school is built.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about West Balcatta Primary School can be found by visiting westbalcattaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Caroline Booth, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9253 4950 or emailing Caroline.Booth@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 25 October, 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.