Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH711341
Armadale Education Support Centre (ESC) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year
Armadale ESC is a specialist school catering for secondary aged students from Years 7 to 12 with special needs. The school is a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) school. Growth, respect and opportunity are our Centre's core values.
Our motto 'Education for life' reflects our belief that the specialised curriculum offered at school will prepare students for life beyond school. We work in partnership with students, parents and other stakeholders to provide authentic and relevant programs. Middle school students in Years 7 to 9 are enrolled in the Award Scheme Development and Accreditation Network's (ASDAN) Stepping Stones. Students learn functional academic skills, including literacy and numeracy, and essential life skills such as protective behaviours and cyber safety. Senior School students in years 10-12 are enrolled in School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) courses of study, endorsed programs and Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs. All students have an Individual Education Plans (IEP) in order to focus on their individual learning needs. Senior School students have a Person Centred Plan.
Suitable applicants will ideally be experienced secondary education support teachers willing to teach at all year levels. A strong background in Classroom Management Strategies and Positive Behaviour Support is highly desirable. Suitable applicants should be able to manage class teams and liaise with parents, therapists, and outside agencies to improve student outcomes and create safe and supportive learning environments.
Applicants with special needs qualifications or a willingness to undertake further postgraduate study in special needs education will be highly regarded. Applicants should be familiar with Special Education Needs (SEN) Reporting and Reporting to Parents.
In keeping with our Business Plan, which is available on our website, suitable applicants will be encouraged to take on leadership roles, generating opportunities and building the capacity for school improvement through membership of school based committees and working parties.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Armadale Education Support Centre can be found by visiting www.armadaleesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service
For further job related information:
Please contact Sandra Boyd, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9497 6435 or emailing Sandra.Boyd@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 28 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.