Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA708431
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Cape Naturaliste College is seeking an innovative and flexible leader to be appointed as the Head of Department (HOD) - Technology and Enterprise.
As the successful applicant, you will be a key member of the school leadership team. Your role will include responsibility for the leadership and management of the Technology and Enterprise learning area across nominated year groups. You will be excited at the unique opportunity to lead development of the learning area and in collaboration with a dedicated team of Technology and Enterprise teachers. As the HOD –Technology and Enterprise you will be an expert classroom practitioner with a passion for Technology and Enterprise and the capacity to build a culture of excellence in teaching that supports the learning needs of all students.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have the experience and professional knowledge to lead staff and curriculum development in the Technology and Enterprise learning area. Successful experience leading the development of Year 11 and Year 12 Technology and Enterprise courses is sought. You will share a commitment to Cape Naturaliste College wide pedagogy of explicit instruction and its emphases on pastoral care and co-curricular programs and will actively promote the school’s vision, mission and values in the school and community.
Cape Naturaliste College is a friendly and successful school in the Southwest of Western Australia. The College is an Independent Public School and relishes the opportunity to use this status to enhance and support student’s education during their time at the school. We opened in 2008 and developed a direction with parents and community members through a long and extensive consultation. This lead to refining the guiding principles on which we would develop the college: a place where students feel safe and can achieve to their own potential. This simple tenet underpins every decision we make.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work-related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cape Naturaliste College can be found by visiting www.cnc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job-related information:
Please contact Liza Yull, Business Support Officer, by telephoning (08) 9746 3500 or emailing Liza.Yull@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 1 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED