Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH708715
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.7FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you a superb Teacher looking for an exciting change?
Bunbury Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a hardworking and motivated Teacher - The Arts to join our friendly and supportive team.
The successful applicant will ideally possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as ability to contribute positively to a team environment. You will ideally possess the professional knowledge, understandings and experience to develop and implement an engaging and relevant secondary school Arts curriculum. Previous experience or qualifications to teach Visual Arts, Media and ATAR areas would be highly desirable.
At Bunbury SHS, teachers have a growth mindset, they believe intelligence can be developed in students, they embrace challenge, learn from criticism and persist despite obstacles. Professional knowledge on instructional skills, theories, concepts and tactics, together with knowledge of Lemov’s strategies in developing high expectations is a focus of curriculum delivery at Bunbury SHS.
Consequently, our teacher practice fosters a safe and accountable learning environment is engaging and pushes students to higher order thinking. There is a shared instructional framework. Teaching practice in informed by analysis of student results, student feedback and through collaboration with peers.
At Bunbury SHS, we are committed to developing partnerships that take learning beyond the classroom. We are focussed on projects, enterprises and research that are supported by our partnerships with industry and tertiary institutions.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bunbury Senior High School can be found by visiting www.bunburyshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Paul Reynolds, Program Coordinator – The Arts, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bunbury, by telephoning (08) 9781 2500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details forwork related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 28 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.