Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS708073
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2021
Are you an organised book lover looking for a rewarding change?
Onslow Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and organised Library Officer to join their friendly team.
As a Library Officer you will be responsible for the provision of reference information and maintaining the resources, environment and associated services of the school library to support the learning outcomes of students. The Library Officer also administers the library systems ensuring library records are up to date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are accessible and available to students and staff at all times.
The successful applicant will ideally be a lover of books who is able to inspire students with a love of reading, create a welcoming atmosphere in the library and collaborate with other staff to promote reading throughout the school.
Onslow PS is located in the small Pilbara locality of Onslow, and has been educating locals for over 50 years. We are an integral part of the community, and have developed strong links between the school, our staff, parents and the wider community.
We cater for students from Kindergarten to Year 12 and offer a nurturing and stimulating learning environment where we recognise each child's effort and initiative. We have clear behaviour expectations 'Be Safe', 'Be Caring', 'Be Respectful', and 'Be Your Best' which provide a positive learning environment to assist students achieve improved academic and behaviour outcomes as a result of increased engagement with learning.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Ability to provide administrative support and organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Onslow Primary School can be found by visiting www.onslowschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Cassie Badcock, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Onslow, by telephoning (08) 9153 2100 or emailing Cassie.Badcock@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Thursday, 28 October 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.