Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH710606
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Dryandra Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Teacher – Primary – Physical Education to join their team.
The successful applicant will coordinate a physical education program across the school. This specialist teacher will support the fundamental movement skills program (KID DO) across the early childhood classes. We are looking for someone to develop a morning fitness program, junior and senior sport sessions, and coordinate school and inter-school carnivals.
The successful applicant will support ICT across the school and develop the capacity and confidence of their colleagues in this area. Therefore, a sound understanding of the WA Australian Curriculum and how the general capabilities can be integrated along with enhancing the cross-curriculum priorities is an integral part of the position.
It is highly desirable that the successful applicant has a conscientious and diligent approach to the role. This specialist teacher will ideally be a positive, collaborative, active, and flexible staff member who displays high interpersonal and problem solving skills.
Dryandra PS is a small school nestled in amongst the swaying gum trees in the suburb of Mirrabooka. Our school vision is to 'prepare our students for tomorrow'.
We celebrate and recognise our cultural diversity while supporting students in a safe and stimulating learning environment. We actively promote our school values- Learning, Caring and Working Together- across everything that we do. We are fortunate to have a wide range cultures and nationalities in our school including students from Indigenous and Aboriginal backgrounds.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dryandra PS can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Paul Biemmi, Principal by telephoning (08) 9345 6400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four to five (4-5) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.