Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS710416
Are you a passionate Education Assistant looking for a sea change? Then look no further!
Denmark Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and hardworking Education Assistants – Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be required to assist in the delivery of planned education programs that will help in the development of young minds. In this role you would need to collaborate and work in a team environment, possess good written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group programs, as well as demonstrate the ability to support the general health and well-being of students. Suitable applicants will ideally be organised and be able to use their initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment.
Denmark PS encourages the support, engagement and feedback of our local community. We have active parent/carer participation and an experienced and committed staff. Students at our school are often referred to in the local community as responsible, creative, sporting, inclusive and welcoming. We cater for students from Kindergarten to Year 6 and currently have an enrolment of approximately 420 students.
Denmark PS is a small town and boasts being near both the forests and the sea. The beauty of the town has a positive impact on the school. The school itself is fortunate to be on a 6 hectare site with three ovals and lush green gardens that surround the main school buildings.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Denmark Primary School can be found by visiting www.dps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Damian Luscombe, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Denmark, by telephoning (08) 9848 4700 or emailing Damian.Luscombe@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written applciation, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Thursday, 28 October 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.