Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS706912
Warnbro Community High School Education Support Centre (ESC) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Warnbro Community High School ESC is an award-winning, Independent Public School for students with intellectual disabilities, co-located with Warnbro Community High School. Through our unique and innovative programs, high quality teaching and strong pastoral care relationships we nurture a sense of belonging, significance and emotional safety. Our students take pride in their qualifications and achievements and confidently graduate into the wider community with the knowledge and skills to achieve their hopes, dreams and aspirations.
The suitable applicants will assist in the implementation of specialised education programs and behaviour management plans in consultation with teachers, parents and relevant professionals. They will also, when required, provide information on the education system, relevant school procedures and policies, education programs and behaviour management plans to families and the community.
Education Assistants are expected to stay up to date with current strategies, research and tools that will assist them to do their job at the highest standard. A strong knowledge of issues and strategies pertaining to Trauma Informed Practice, mental health, autism and intellectual disability is highly desired. Training in Team Teach and an ability to provide appropriate positive handling of students is greatly valued. In addition, an understanding of Award Scheme Development and Accreditation Network (ASDAN) and an ability to support students in offsite programs (eg. Workplace Learning) is highly regarded.
Applicants should give examples displaying their flexibility, successes and challenges in working alongside students with special needs as well as a variety of educational stakeholders including parents, teachers, other support staff, administrators and community employers/agencies.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including report writing and the ability to effectively interact with students with special needs, and liaise with parents, teachers and community members and assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute to a professional team and provide advice and evaluation in the development of the education program, including special education and therapy programs where they have been implemented.
- Ability to assist professionals in the implementation and evaluation of education programs, including special education and, if required, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Effective organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs and subsequent feedback and evaluation to teachers or psychologists.
- Demonstrated ability to assist with the general health and well being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Warnbro Community High School Education Support Centre can be found by visiting www.warnbroesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Nikki Garnaut, Deputy Principal by telephoning (08) 9528 9499, or by emailing Nicole.Garnaut@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 1 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.