Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS703442
Halls Head College is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2022.
Suitable applicants will have a friendly, positive and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to build productive partnerships with students, parents and the wider community. In addition, capacity to work collaboratively with Executive, Administrative and relevant staff to further the College’s mission and Business Plan targets is highly desirable.
Applicants who have a thorough working knowledge of Department of Education databases, records management systems, RM Billing, Consent2Go, SOBs, Reporting to Parents, HRMIS, RM Finance, RAMS and SEQTA will be highly desirable. Other areas of responsibility may include maintaining student enrolment data, student attendance records, absenteeism reports, timetable support, triage coordination and reception duties.
Our college offers all students diverse choices, authentic opportunities to develop essential life skills and a rigorous, caring and safe environment to learn and grow in. Our staff have a wealth of expertise, experience and a genuine desire to constantly improve their practice to benefit all students.
Halls Head College is uniquely situated on the 'island' of Halls Head just south of Mandurah. The local intake area of Halls Head College is south, close to the Waroona Shire boundary. The contributory primary schools are Glencoe, Halls Head, Falcon, South Halls Head and Ocean Road. The college provides a secondary education for students who live in the rapidly growing coastal strip, south of Mandurah.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Halls Head College can be found by visiting www.hallsheadcc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact June Dicks, Human Resources Officer, by telephoning (08) 9581 0640 or emailing June.Dicks@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.