Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS708346
Katanning Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2022.
To be successful for this role you will ideally have a good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. The successful applicant will ideally be organised, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
As a Cleaner you will carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal.
You will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Katanning PS is located in the Great Southern Region of WA. Our school caters for students in KindiLink, for families with a three-year-old child, to Year 6.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Katanning Primary School please visit Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Mark Richardson, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Katanning, by telephoning (08) 9821 3600 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 28 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.