Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH707605
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Bob Hawke College is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Music Teacher to join our team. The role will include teaching a specialist music program for students with a passion for discipline, and to develop the foundations for an extraordinary music program. The successful applicant will ideally be able to establish positive working relationships with stakeholders to improve the learning outcomes for students.
The successful applicant will ideally be committed to promoting Music education and fostering student engagement in a supportive environment where success is celebrated. The successful applicant will ideally have high standards of professionalism and will embrace opportunities for collaboration within the college community and beyond the college.
The following practices are part of the College Music program and it would be desirable for the successful candidate to have:
- Knowledge of and application of Kodály methodology
- Experience in choral and instrumental ensemble directing
- Proficiency on the keyboard
- Well developed ICT skillsin the use of music notation and sequencing platforms
In this role, you will ideally create a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students, focussing on the development of the whole child. The successful applicant with the following attributes will be highly desirable: able to demonstrate care; be curious about learning and about learners; be invested in the College and the community; have a sense of humour; and be reflective of themselves and their practice.
The College has emerged as a central hub of the Subiaco East Redevelopment precinct with its innovative design and shared facilities. Bob Hawke College will deliver academic excellence in a learning environment that sets high standards in quality care for students. We aim to create experiences where students learn both about the world around them, and of themselves. We seek to develop local, national and international partnerships, creating meaningful relationships to improve learning opportunities for our students. We are part of the fabric of Subiaco, with a commitment to excellence and equity.
The College is part of the exciting transformation of the area around Subiaco Oval which will become a new education, leisure and residential destination close to Perth's CBD.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bob Hawke College can be found by visiting bobhawkecollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Please consider the attached documents in applying for the position: The Bob Hawke College Business Plan 2021-23, and the OECD paper “What Makes a School a Learning Organisation?”
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact John Burke, Principal, by telephoning 0427 083 997 or emailing John.Burke@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to one (1) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 27 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.