Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA703776
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Hampton Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dynamic and motivated instructional leader to continue the pursuit of teaching excellence in Health and Physical Education (HPE).
Hampton SHS strives to create a vibrant culture of excellence, innovation, opportunity and success for students, staff and the community. The focus of our work is on quality teaching and provision of the widest range of opportunities for individual achievement and learning success. In keeping with this, the successful applicant will be committed to leading the Health and Physical Education Department in maximising the engagement and progress of all students.
The successful applicant will ideally possess highly effective interpersonal skills, strong leadership skills and have the ability to work collaboratively with an enthusiastic team of teachers to support best practice both in and out of the classroom. The ability to teach to an ATAR level and across all levels 7 to 12 will be advantageous. The successful applicant will ideally have leadership experience and the professional knowledge to lead curriculum delivery, professional practice and wellbeing of the HPE team. Experience teaching and leading others in the delivery of Year 11 and 12 Vocational Education and Training (VET) Courses will be highly regarded in the role.
As the HPE Head of Department you should utilise a strong working knowledge of research based high impact teaching strategies to work closely with students, teachers and the community for an unrelenting focus on student achievement. This will involve reflecting on and assessing the effectiveness of teaching practice and cultivating a safe learning environment. Experience in the use of classroom observations and instructional coaching will be considered beneficial.
This position requires your participation as part of our cohesive and future-focused Senior Leadership Team. The successful applicant will ideally provide whole school leadership around our focus on quality teaching practice, enhanced school leadership and a learning environment that is optimal for student learning. We are committed to developing staff capacity to embed high impact teaching strategies and classroom management strategies through access to a teacher support team comprising Instructional Coaches and Conference Accredited Trainers.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hampton Senior High School can be found by visiting hampton.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Luke Chapman, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9270 5700 or emailing Luke.Chapman2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED