Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH710367
Are you a positive and talented teacher who strives to enhance their student’s educational outcomes?
Dianella Secondary College Education Support Centre (SCESC) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Dianella SCESC is a richly multicultural school that forms part of the Dianella Education Precinct catering for students with disabilities from Years 7 to Year 12. Our school community promotes a Positive Education school model and our school focuses on maximising our student’s potential as well as promoting student and staff wellbeing. We encourage all our students to realise their potential and inspire them to participate as responsible members of the community through a diverse range of programs that have been developed and tailored to meet individual student needs.
At Dianella SCESC, we are looking for teachers who are passionate about working in an education support centre environment. Suitable applicants will ideally possess the requisite skills to manage student behaviours and class teams, and liaise with parents, agencies, and therapists to meet the educational and care needs of each student. Applicants who are fundamentally strong in teaching and classroom skills as well as possessing sound behaviour management skills are strongly encouraged to apply.
Education Support Teachers at Dianella SCESC will ideally possess outstanding interpersonal skills and have an ability to build effective working relationships with students, parents, staff and the wider community. Knowledge of trauma-informed practices and positive education approaches are highly desirable. As are those applicants who have knowledge of ASDAN (Award Scheme Development and Accreditation Network), Workplace Learning (WPL), Vocational Education (VET), Bushrangers, Reporting to Parents and other educational support specialist programs.
In addition, suitable applicants will support the implementation of the college business plan, to work and teach in a team environment, and should be committed to the whole college approach and initiatives and have a strong evidence based method to teaching.
Dianella SCESC is an Independent Public School which provides a caring and supportive school environment where the rights and responsibilities of the individual are recognised and respected.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dianella Secondary College Education Support Centre can be found by visiting dianellascesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Julie Allsopp, Principal by telephoning (08) 9345 9272 or emailing Julie.Allsopp@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 1 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.