Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS707313
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you hardwired to network with developing minds?
Malibu School is seeking an enthusiastic and organised Technical Support Officer to join their friendly team.
As a Technical Support Officer will you maintain networked information technology resources effectively and efficiently in order to maximise educational and administrative outcomes within the Department of Education’s asset management and security regulatory framework.
The successful applicant will provide technical support and training to all users throughout the school including desktop and software application and access to systems and resources. You will also provide input on system enhancements and implement new systems through research and identification of appropriate information technology resources. Experience in a similar setting is desirable.
Malibu School has a strong reputation for providing a high quality education for students whose needs are high and complex. Our aim is to provide a supportive engaging and specialist environment in which students are encouraged to aim for a 'Future Without Limits'.
Grounds and office staff, education assistants and social trainers, teachers and leadership make up a strong and supportive community committed to providing individualised, challenging and rewarding learning experiences which cater for students' unique learning needs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels.
- Conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to develop innovative solutions to information technology problems.
- Ability to install and maintain network systems incorporating the Internet and Electronic Mail.
- Organisational skills to develop effective administrative practices and the initiative to work with minimum supervision.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Malibu School can be found by visiting malibuschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lisa Duckett, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9527 9009 or emailing Lisa.Duckett@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday 29 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.