Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS705918
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2021
Northam Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an energetic, customer focused individual to fill the role of School Officer and join their friendly team.
The School Officer will support the admin team with various tasks, such as general front desk duties, phone calls, student enrolment, newsletters, parent and staff communications, student attendance and minor medical issues that may arise with students.
Northam PS is a busy school in the Wheatbelt region with 300 students who come from a range of socio-economic backgrounds. The school seeks to work closely with families and the wider community to achieve the best outcomes for its students. As the School Officer you are the first point of contact.
The successful applicant will ideally have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, as well as a high level of computer competency with office programs such as Word and Publisher. The school officer will be responsible for the publication of newsletters, producing student certificates, as well as parent and staff communications, along with promotion of the school with photograph displays and Facebook/Website updates.
The School Officer will be required to support the Manager Corporate Services with finance such as receipting, payments and banking. It is desirable that the successful applicant have experience in school data bases, Integris and RM Finance. The School Officer will assist the Principal and teachers with student attendance, thereby ideally having an understanding of Department of Education Policy.
An essential part of being a successful school officer is to be able to display a commitment to building positive relationships with students, parents, staff and the wider community.
Northam PS is currently undertaking major promotion of the school within the town of Northam and surrounds. The School Officer will be involved in this promotion using photographs and occasional attendance at local events that require a staff presence.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Northam Primary School can be found by visiting www.northamps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job-related information
You are encouraged to contact Julie Purslowe, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Northam, by telephoning (08) 9621 5700 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 20 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.