Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS708318
Can you make our school sparkle?
Cape Naturaliste College is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other general cleaning.
You will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and removal of cobwebs. You will also be required to complete vacation cleaning duties including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas, and other duties as required by the Cleaner in Charge or Line Manager.
You should have good attention to detail and be able to work well on your own. Being part of a team and assisting the other members of the cleaning team when required is important to the role, to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You will ideally be organised, honest, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures.
Situated in the South West township of Vasse, Cape Naturaliste College opened with its first Year 8 students in February 2008. The college was built at a cost of $21 million and has already attracted positive comments and awards for its original design. It was developed with a strong community input and a consultative steering committee of parents and community members was instrumental in developing its vision and ethos, uniform and emblem. Our school is a place where students feel safe and can achieve to their own potential. This simple tenet underpins every decision we make.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Cape Naturaliste College please visit www.cnc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Maryanne Thumwood, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Vasse, by telephoning (08) 9746 3500 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and any previous recent employer;
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents or;
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception at 30 Yebble Drive, VASSE before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED