Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA710874
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Broome Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a highly motivated professional to fill the role of Program Coordinator – Education Support.
Broome SHS, winner of the WA School of the Year for 2012, is now one of the premier high schools in the state. The Broome SHS vision is to realise the potential of every student to achieve personal excellence in all endeavours. We do this by providing a safe and caring learning environment with a focus on excellence, through high quality teaching and positive respectful relationships.
At Broome SHS you will join outstanding staff who are making a significant difference to our students. As the successful applicant you will ideally have a high level of interpersonal and leadership skills, to lead, empower and bring the best out in staff. You will also be part of the school’s leadership group so your ability to be a part of and contribute to the school’s collaborative culture, vision and future is of equal importance.
Broome SHS is an inclusive model school with an endorsed Education Support program, currently catering for students with diagnosed and imputed needs. Our team consists of Deputy Principal, Program Coordinator, classroom teachers and twenty Education Assistants.
As Program Coordinator – Education Support, your primary role will be to lead a team of Education Support teachers to cater for the educational and social/emotional needs of students with a range of disabilities within dedicated classrooms. You will also provide leadership and support to teaching staff with Special Needs students in mainstream classes regarding the development and implementation of a differentiated curriculum and Individualised Education Plans (IEP’s) using Reporting to Parents: Special Educational Needs (RTP SEN) Planning.
The successful applicant will ideally possess leadership in the development of curriculum designed to meet diverse student needs, including a range of Award Scheme Development and Accreditation Network (ASDAN) programs, Abilities Based Learning Education Western Australia (ABLEWA) curriculum and Explicit Direct Instruction. You will facilitate teaching and learning outcomes through effective classroom planning, performance management, modelling and promoting a culture of success. Furthermore, you will manage administrative systems and data collection in order to ensure the effective operation of the learning area in accordance with legislative and industrial policy and guidelines.
The successful applicant willl ideally have well developed communication skills in order to work closely with a range of staff including National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) health professionals and outside agencies at the school, cluster, town and regional level to collaboratively seek positive student outcomes and family support. To this end, you should have the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with students, teachers, families and community members in the Broome region.
You should possess excellence as a dedicated, self-reflective and progressive classroom practitioner with experience in teaching students with a range of educational needs. You should also have effective teaching, learning, assessment and behaviour management practices and ideally, experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and families. Furthermore, you will ideally have knowledge and expertise in RTP SEN Planning, ABLEWA Assessment, Education Support classroom planning and documented plans.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Broome Senior High School can be found by visiting www.broomeshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Sandi Passmore, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9195 3100 or emailing Sandi.Passmore@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to four (3-4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two to three (2-3) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 27 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.