Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH710080
Creative? Collaborative? Flexible?
Wattle Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Visual Art Primary Teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will develop and offer a Visual Arts program that inspires a sense of wonder, draws on imagination, and encourages all students to reach their creative and expressive potential. A strong knowledge of the visual arts curriculum is ideal and will provide students with the opportunity to learn how to design, create, represent, communicate and share their imagined and conceptual ideas, emotions, observations and experiences, as they discover and interpret the world.
Learning, Excellence, Equity and Care - these are the threads of the Wattle Grove PS tapestry that sew our school community together, creating a magic place where we are making tomorrow.
Situated in the foothills of the Darling Ranges, 14 kilometres east of Perth, Wattle Grove PS has a rich history spanning over 100 years. The school has undergone immense growth and relocated to a new modern suburban school with state-of-the-art facilities. The school is now located in the new housing development of Wattle Grove with easy access via both Tonkin and Roe Highways. It has a current enrolment of 834 students from Kindergarten to Year 6.
Our children have the unique opportunity to connect with the past whilst embracing a contemporary, modern and innovative learning environment. The learning that takes place in every one of our classrooms is built upon a foundation of challenge and delivered by highly effective staff. Wattle Grove PS continues to enjoy successes in academic, physical and the arts arenas.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Wattle Grove Primary School can be found by visiting www.wattlegroveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Julie Roberts, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9237 6600 or emailing Julie.Roberts@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 25 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.