Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH710070
This is a permanent part-time (0.7FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Do you have the passion for teaching?
Wattle Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking a Teacher - Primary - Physical Education to join their team.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic in the promotion of Physical Education and Health within the school and will be responsible for the coordination and organisation of all school sporting events. The successful applicant will ideally be well organised, motivated and committed to developing positive relationships and high expectations for all students. Knowledge and competency in the Physical and Health Education component of the Western Australian Curriculum and reporting schedule are essential. This role includes teaching students from Pre-Primary to Year 6 and working collaboratively with Kindergarten staff to provide an effective program.
Please note there is a possibility the FTE for this position may increase in the future.
Situated in the foothills of the Darling Ranges, 14 kilometres east of Perth, Wattle Grove PS has a rich history spanning over 100 years. The school has undergone immense growth and change and relocated to a new modern suburban school with state-of-the-art facilities. The school is located in the new housing development of Wattle Grove with easy access to the suburb via both Tonkin and Roe Highways. It has a current enrolment of 834 students from Kindergarten to Year 6.
Our children have the unique opportunity to connect with the past whilst embracing a contemporary, modern and innovative learning environment, with state of the art facilities. The learning that takes place in every one of our classrooms is built upon a foundation of challenge and delivered by highly effective staff. Wattle Grove PS continues to enjoy successes in academic, physical and the arts arenas.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Wattle Grove Primary School can be found by visiting www.wattlegroveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Julie Roberts, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9237 6600 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 25 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.