Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS705374
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Halls Head College is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Gardener – Handyperson to join their friendly team.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and presenting our school grounds in a clean and tidy condition. The Gardener - Handyperson will work to provide gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe, vibrant and clean school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management.
The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties using safe work practices and in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines. The successful applicant should ideally show initiative and be able to work in a changing environment and collaborate with Executive staff to work towards a vision for improvement of our grounds and ongoing landscape projects.
Good interpersonal skills are highly desirable, along with the ability to receive and carry out instructions as required. The successful applicant will ideally also have an excellent working knowledge of gardening machinery and reticulation.
We are uniquely situated on the 'island' of Halls Head just south of Mandurah. The local intake area of Halls Head College is south, close to the Waroona Shire boundary. Our partner primary schools are Glencoe, Halls Head, Falcon, South Halls Head and Ocean Road.
Our college's impressive record of achievement is complemented by outstanding facilities, committed and experienced staff and a stable and dedicated Executive and Leadership group who are all working together, in partnership with our students and families, to ensure the best possible outcomes for every single student.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Halls Head College please visit www.hallsheadcc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Amanda Roughton, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9581 0600 or emailing Amanda.Roughton@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception Halls Head College, 1 Casuarina Drive, Halls Head before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 October 2021.
PROFORMA, FAXED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.