Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH710343
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Do you have a creative and imaginative mind for a colourful change?
Kinross College is seeking a talented and passionate Visual Arts Teacher to join our college from the start of Term 1 2022.
As a teacher at Kinross College you will work as part of a dedicated team and have the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to the College community. The successful applicant should be flexible, creative, forward thinking and exhibit their passion for the Visual Arts. They will ideally be confident in teaching students across Years 7 to 10 with particular focus on providing relevant and engaging courses linking to the Western Australian Curriculum.
The successful applicant should have high expectations and display a commitment to excellence, use a range of pedagogies and have the ability to establish and maintain a positive classroom learning environment. They should also be flexible and adaptive, and be able to apply the strategies of differentiated instruction and explicit teaching. They will ideally also be able to incorporate current and emerging technologies to best meet the needs of our students based on researched informed practice.
With effective interpersonal skills and a willingness to adopt a ‘restorative’ approach, the successful applicant will work with students, teachers and the community to instil our school values, allowing students to achieve their full potential.
The expanding enrolment numbers over recent years indicate the numerous specialist academic and sporting programs offered by the College are resulting in the College becoming a highly preferred public school option. Many parents are now choosing Kinross College over many private school alternatives.
The College continues to upgrade its facilities. A third round of recently completed upgrades, will support the future expansion into Years 11 and 12, as well as resulting in outstanding student and staff facilities.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kinross College can be found by visiting kinrosscollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Jeanavieve Walia, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9233 6700 or emailing Jeanavieve.Walia@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 4 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.