Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS709398
This is a seven (7) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 4, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
Mundaring Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an efficient and dedicated Manager Corporate Services to join their leadership team.
As the Manager Corporate Services the successful applicant will work closely with the Principal to establish and be responsible for the financial, physical and human resource processes of the school. The successful applicant will oversee the business operations and work collaboratively with the leadership team to recruit, supervise and manage support staff.
The successful applicant will also have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders, and developing strong community relationships and links. You will ideally possess outstanding oral, written, interpersonal communication, analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills.
At Mundaring PS we develop the cognitive, social, physical and creative abilities and skills of children so they have the best start possible to their schooling and can reach their potential. Catering for children from Kindergarten to Year 6, our school is characterised as being community and environmentally friendly. It has a small country school feel, yet is large enough to offer a range of options and facilities.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mundaring Primary School can be found by visiting mundaringps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Paul Larkin, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9295 9500 or emailing Paul.V.Larkin@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 19 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.