Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP707706
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Djidi Djidi Aboriginal School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, experienced Deputy Principal who is committed to supporting the social and emotional wellbeing, and the highest educational outcomes for all students.
Djidi Djidi Aboriginal School is located on Wardandi country in the South West and predominantly caters to local Noongar children from Kindergarten to Year 6. The Deputy Principal role while very rewarding, is also incredibly challenging, and has a relentless focus on improving outcomes for Aboriginal children and their families.
The successful applicant will ideally bring outstanding interpersonal attributes through which they will be empowered to promote the Djidi Djidi Aboriginal School vision. This role involves Instructional Leadership, with the expectation that the successful applicant will ideally have the skills and experience in sharing and creating excellent conditions for students to thrive; cultivating collaborative structures and managing change processes that align with the school’s objectives in a positive and proactive manner.
The successful applicant will ideally operate from a strengths-based approach and be able to work alongside staff to achieve improved outcomes for students. Specific duties within the role may vary and will be influenced by factors such as; experience and skills of staff, areas of strength and areas for development. The successful applicant will ideally have skills working within a culturally responsive framework to successfully engage stakeholders and build a climate of trust within our complex community.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to achieve successful outcomes, across all layers of a school community are seen as highly desirable attributes. Outstanding skills and experience in applying evidence-based trauma informed practice (particularly the Berry Street Model), and the capacity to co-create and monitor personalised learning plans is highly regarded. It would also be highly desirable for the successful applicant to have strong organisational skills and recent experience with Student Services operations including responding to intervention, case management and effective behaviour support.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Djidi Djidi Aboriginal School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Tegan Davis, Teacher - Primary, by telephoning (08) 9724 9444 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 October 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.