Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS703621
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2021
Roebuck Primary School (PS) is seeking a motivated and efficient Gardener - Handyperson to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant will ideally maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in a clean and tidy condition and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. In this role you will also maintain tools and horticultural equipment in a serviceable condition and provide advice and support to the Manager Corporate Services on school grounds maintenance. You will also perform tasks and duties using safe work practices and maintain accurate gardening records.
To be successful in the role of Gardener - Handyperson you will ideally be confident in performing minor repairs and have sound knowledge of safe work practices in order to carry out your duties.
Roebuck (PS) is a place for learning, fun and connection with our community. As the hub for the suburb of Djugun, our local intake area, our school has a strong sense of connection and commitment to our families, where strong partnerships and effective collaborations underpinned by trust, mutual respect and the acceptance of responsibility offer the very best for all students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Roebuck Primary School please visit www.roebuckps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact April Oswald, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Broome, by telephoning (08) 9195 1900 or emailing April.Oswald@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager; and
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents; or
- Email your completed application form and documents to email@example.com before the closing date and time; or
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception at Spoonbill Avenue, Broome before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within three months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 2:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 27 October 2021.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED