Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP702403
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension and/or permanency
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Glen Forrest Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Deputy Principal to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will provide educational leadership in the school and the community by helping develop and promote the school values, ethos and priorities, and encouraging school staff, volunteers from the community, and others to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals. They will use effective change management strategies to assist the school community to accept and develop opportunities for improved service, and provide strategic direction for staff, and model and promote a culture of improvement of professional performance, providing coaching and mentoring where appropriate. Applicants with strong curriculum knowledge and excellent interpersonal skills will be highly regarded.
Ideally the successful applicant will have knowledge and experience in Curriculum Support, Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) and SAER.
Glen Forrest PS shares with parents in facilitating the academic, creative, social, physical and attitudinal growth of the children. The school was founded in 1891 and is the centre of a thriving residential area – which is a very cohesive community. The school serves the communities of Glen Forrest, Hovea, Mahogany Creek and the eastern part of Darlington with a very strong community focus. The school has committed staff and a strong team environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Glen Forrest Primary School can be found by visiting glenforrestps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Colin Chisholm, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9298 6200 or emailing Colin.Chisholm@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role, and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 October 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.