Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE707446
This is a permanent part-time (0.37FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Merredin Residential College is seeking a motivated Kitchen Hand to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will undertake general cleaning, catering or laundry duties across the College and boarding facilities, ensuring that a high standard of health, safety and hygiene is maintained. Duties will include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming floors, washing all bathroom and toilet fittings, cleaning all internal windows and spot cleaning of walls, emptying rubbish containers to appropriate areas, damp dusting furniture and fittings. The suitable applicant will wash; iron and store clothing and linen whilst ensuring all washing machines and driers are cleaned and free of lint and will promptly report equipment and facilities faults whilst undertaking other related laundry and cleaning duties, as requested.
The successful applicant will assist the Cook with food preparation for the College and external groups, whilst assisting with cleaning of the kitchen, utensils and equipment and clearing waste to appropriate areas. The suitable applicants will assist with serving of meals and washing dishes whilst assisting in maintaining organised and clean pantries, freezers, cool rooms and store rooms and will promptly report equipment and facilities faults whilst undertaking other related catering duties, as requested.
Located approximately 256 kilometres east of Perth in the Central Wheatbelt, Merredin Residential College has updated facilities with plenty of training opportunities for staff members. Merredin Residential College is proud to work in partnership with Merredin College. Up to 72 students are accommodated in a world class boarding facility whilst receiving an excellent education close to their home town.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills.
- Flexibility in response to changing work needs.
- Ability to work autonomously on weekends, following directions of a supervisor.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position.
The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Elizabeth Moody, Manager – Residential College by telephoning (08) 9041 7500 or emailing Elizabeth.Moody@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- At least one (1) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to one (1) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- undertake a practical test before employment;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 12 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED