Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH706280
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Weld Square Primary School (PS) is seeking to employ a dedicated and dynamic Teacher - Primary - Physical Education teacher to join their friendly team.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally be a passionate educator, dedicated to making a difference in the lives of young people. As a Teacher - Primary - Physical Education at Weld Square PS, you will ideally be able to continue the development of the school’s outstanding Physical Education program, building on the existing methodology across Pre-primary to Year 6. It is highly desirable that you are very efficient and well experienced in teaching Physical Education. The successful applicant should be highly effective in organising managing sporting events within the school and interschool network.
With a positive and enthusiastic approach, you will ideally be able to engage students to learn and develop within the Physical Education field. It will be highly regarded that you have excellent interpersonal skills and be willing to collaborate with school staff and members of the wider community. The successful applicant will ideally be highly effective in engaging and motivating students and managing an appropriate learning environment.
Weld Square PS is a school that pursues academic excellence and offers a recognised best practice pastoral care program to all its students. The school, with its well-established gardens is surrounded by native bushlands and parklands and located in the suburb of Morley; 10 km north east of Perth, also actively promotes environmental sustainability throughout the whole school community. The School's motto, 'Loyalty, Friendship, Respect and Excellence' is reflected in the curriculum offered and values the development of the whole child.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Weld Square Primary School can be found by visiting weldsquareps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service
For further job related information:
Please contact Asher Dragun, Principal by telephoning (08) 9268 7600 or emailing Asher.Dragun@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 26 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.