Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS702525
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Southern Cross District High School (DHS) is seeking a bubbly, enthusiastic person willing to learn the role of School Officer.
The School Officer is the ‘face of the school’ and will therefore ideally possess exceptional communication skills incorporating meeting and greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. The successful applicant will also be responsible for the distribution and collection of documents, forms and mail, and collecting and receipting monies in accordance with Departmental procedures. Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as organisational skills, will help the successful applicant work to deadlines in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment.
Southern Cross DHS, located in the Eastern Wheatbelt, provides contemporary education for around 60 students from Kindergarten to Year 10. Our small student population enables us to offer a personalised learning environment, whilst also providing a breadth of curriculum, teacher expertise and resourcing. Foremost, our school aims to empower students with the values, skills and knowledge essential in becoming valued members of their local community and beyond.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Southern Cross can be found by visiting www.southerncrossdhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Julie Della Bosca, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Southern Cross, by telephoning (08) 9048 9000 or emailing Julie.DellaBosca@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 12 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.