Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE699589
This is a permanent full-time position commencing January, 2022
Broome Residential College is seeking a Male Boarding Supervisor to join their friendly and professional team.
The successful applicant will support and reinforce appropriate values and behaviours of students, and supervise students, fulfilling duty of care requirements in line with Department policy. They will respect and embrace diversity within the student population, and provide and supervise opportunities which support the academic, social, emotional and physical development of students. The Boarding Supervisor – Male is responsible for maintaining regular communication with colleagues, parents, school staff and others involved in supporting student development and wellbeing and attending college functions and promotion activities as required by the College Manager, including award presentations, special events, orientation and open days, regional field days and agricultural shows.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching staff with a particular focus on multicultural or Aboriginal experience.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work independently or as part of a team.
- Skills and understandings appropriate to the supervision and care of young people in a residential setting.
- Organisational skills with the ability to plan, organise, implement and record activities.
- Ability to manage risk through assessment and procedure as well as meeting Occupational Safety and Health requirements in a residential setting.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Nicole Chambers, Admin & Finance Officer Broome Residential College by telephoning (08) 9194 7550 or emailing Nicole.Chambers@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment;
- Obtain or hold (and maintain) a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Work according to rostered hours which may include nights, weekends and public holidays;
- Obtain (prior to first rostered shift working with students) and maintain a current:
- First Aid Certificate – Provide CPR (HLTAID001); and
- First Aid Certificate – Provide First Aid (HLTAID003);
- Within six months of commencement of employment obtain and maintain a current:
- LR Class Driver’s Licence and a Passenger Transport Driver (PTD) authorisation;
- Aquatic Rescue for Group III Pool Award*; and
- Surf Rescue Certificate*;
- Obtain a current Certificate IC in Community Services – Student Residential Care (CHC42015) within six months of commencement of employment.
* Dependent on operational requirements as determined by College Manager.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 21 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED