Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS707978
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2021
Do you have what it takes to make our school sparkle?
South Thornlie Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their friendly team. South Thornlie PS is a friendly team environment place to work where everyone is valued.
Please note there is a possibility the FTE for this position may increase in the future.
This position is working the afternoon shift, you will help with locking and alarming the school, as well as cleaning a set area. The successful applicant will have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. They will be organised, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
As a Cleaner you will carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal. The successful applicant will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
South Thornlie PS was first opened in 1976 and has since grown into a vibrant and diverse school with strong community links. South Thornlie PS became an Independent Public School in Term 3 2020.
We currently have a campus of five teaching blocks accommodating Kindy, Pre Primary, Junior, Middle and Senior classes. Our grounds are well maintained with three large play areas including playgrounds and a sporting oval. There are two enclosed assembly areas, STEAM room, Science and Music rooms, Library and a Computer lab. Our school runs a local dental health program and has a Dental Clinic and OSH Club located within the school grounds.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about South Thornlie Primary School please visit www.souththornlieps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lisa Harbron, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9232 3600 or emailing Lisa.Harbron@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 4-6 Ovens Road
Thornlie, 6108, WA before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 October 2021
PROFORMA, FAXED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.