Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH706310
Yanchep Beach Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally have outstanding curriculum knowledge with experience in evidence based, explicit and assessment focussed teaching. They should also have a collaborative whole school approach, and be able to deliver programs such as Talk for Writing, Conceptual Understanding of Mathematics, Positive Behaviour in Schools Initiative, Zones of Regulation, Instructional Intelligence and Classroom Management Strategies.
Our students’ well-being is at the core of all we do, and our staff are integral to this approach, building strong, positive relationships with students and families. We have high expectations for all students and empower students to grow academically, socially and emotionally.
Suitable applicants should be committed, proactive teachers, dedicated to shaping the future of our children. They will ideally be highly collaborative, team oriented individuals who are supportive of colleagues and positively engage and connect with all staff. We strive to develop a strong relationship with our community and an individual who has the ability to engage positively with parents is highly desirable.
Yanchep Beach PS is an Independent Public School located within a new coastal estate 60 kilometres north of Perth.
The school opened in January 2014 with 319 students and has grown rapidly to a total enrolment of 698 students at the commencement of 2021. The significant expansion of the school has provided the school with additional staff, resources and the opportunity to create new and exciting learning experiences for its students. The school's staff are merit-selected, collaborative and lead by example. They constantly challenge themselves to deliver a differentiated curriculum to appeal to the variety of learners and to support each individual student's journey to becoming a lifelong learner.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yanchep Beach Primary School can be found by visiting ybps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Rebekah Brand, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9562 8250 or emailing Rebekah.Brand@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.