Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP708382
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
John Forrest Secondary College (SC) is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Deputy Principal to join their team.
Your leadership will support our strategic intentions which will be centred on school improvement evidenced by a collective vision enabling staff to work in a supportive and trusting environment which promotes high expectations of success for staff and students. You will ideally have strong analytical skills to ensure that evidence forms the basis of all decisions in reviewing and monitoring the performance of students and our strategic directions. You will also ideally have proven success in establishing relationships with the broader community to support student program delivery.
As a key member of the leadership team you will mentor Heads of Learning Areas and provide support to staff when needed, modelling effective working relationships. You will have responsibility for operational strategies of the College to ensure a safe and supportive environment for all members of our College community. You will lead our strategic purpose of student agency in collaboration with our extensive student services team. Hence, you will ideally display the capacity to lead a team/s to achieve planned outcomes.
John Forrest SC offers a vibrant and dynamic learning experience for students and is currently undergoing extensive building upgrades to enable the buildings to match the calibre of what occurs inside its classrooms. The College continues to build opportunity for personal development and academic achievement toward university entry, further education, traineeships, apprenticeships and workplace training. Investment in improved facilities, information technology and resources, together with quality teaching, have fostered a culture of achievement and success with recent acknowledgement of student achievement and quality programs.
As an Independent Public School, John Forrest SC is committed to developing excellent learning experiences through quality staff, resources, facilities and diverse education and training. Students at John Forrest experience quality teaching and learning programs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about John Forrest Secondary College can be found by visiting johnforrest.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Dr Karen Read, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9473 4000 or emailing Karen.Read@education.wa.edu.au. This is essential as our 2022-2024 Business Plan is in draft format and is currently not on-line.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 26 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.