Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS698028
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2021
Exmouth District High School (DHS) is seeking a hardworking and dedicated Cleaner In Charge to work collaboratively with all staff as part of a whole school community.
The successful applicant will ideally be a motivated and proactive person who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace. You will ensure school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department of Education (DoE) procedures.
As the Cleaner In Charge, you will ideally have strong communication and interpersonal skills and preferably, experience in supervising and motivating staff. It is highly desirable that the Cleaner In Charge has a high level of attention to detail and knowledge of DoE Cleaning Policies and Procedures.
The successful applicant will manage Cleaners’ time books and organise on the job training of new and current cleaning staff. You will work as a team with school staff and manage staff performance in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services. Knowledge of occupational health and safety processes is highly desirable.
Exmouth DHS is proudly an Independent Public School with approximately 450 students from Kindergarten to Year 12. We are passionate about providing the best possible education for the children of our community and are charged with preparing our students for a diverse range of futures. The successful applicant will join a team of 33 teaching staff and 30 support staff who are dedicated to continuous improvement to achieve the best educational outcomes for our students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Exmouth District High School please visit www.exmouthdhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Caryll Brown, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Exmouth, by telephoning (08) 9458 5542 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- A comprehensive CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Monday, 25 October 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.