Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS708066
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2021
Can you make our school sparkle?
Onslow Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and hardworking Cleaner to join our friendly team.
As a Cleaner at Onslow PS, your responsibilities will include carrying out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, bathroom cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you will also perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner In Charge.
The successful applicant will ideally be friendly, welcoming and able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You should have good attention to detail, be organised and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Onslow PS is located in the small Pilbara locality of Onslow and has been educating locals for over 50 years. We are an integral part of the community and have developed strong links between the school, our staff, parents and the wider community.
We cater for students from Kindergarten to Year 12 and offer a nurturing and stimulating learning environment where we recognise each child's effort and initiative. We have clear behavioural expectations 'Be Safe', ‘Be Caring', ‘Be Respectful' and 'Be Your Best' which provide a positive learning environment to assist students in achieving improved academic and behaviour outcomes as a result of increased engagement with learning.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Onslow Primary School please visit www.onslowschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Cassie Badcock, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Onslow, by telephoning (08) 9153 2100 or emailing email@example.com.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception on Simpson Street before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3:30pm (WST) on Monday, 25 October 2021.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED