Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS708030
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2021 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Arbor Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic School Officer to join their friendly administrative team.
As a School Officer you will be responsible for providing accurate advice and support to parents, students, staff, and community members using your exemplary communication skills. With your ideally outstanding organisation skills, you will also provide general clerical and administrative support including preparing correspondence, newsletters, notices and other materials for both the school and its external clients. The successful applicant will ideally have the capacity to work independently and show initiative in their daily tasks.
The successful applicant will also be required to support the Manager Corporate Services in the delivery of school database systems information, student support processes, student records, reporting, enrolments, marketing and accounts payable or receivable. The successful applicant will also assist with administering the financial resources and assets of the school. You will ideally have the ability in using computers and a range of application software packages in particular databases, spreadsheets and word processing and possess the skills and ability to support the administration and management of financial and human resources of the school.
Arbor Grove PS’s dedicated and highly qualified staff are focussed on achieving strong social, emotional and academic outcomes for students. We offer a caring and nurturing learning environment. Students at our school are respectful, resilient and self-disciplined - they value learning.
Our school community is very diverse. Students from over 40 different cultures and backgrounds attend our school. Our commitment to these students makes us a school of excellence in academic, social and emotional development. We understand the importance of providing opportunities for students to move towards becoming a self-regulated and active participant in their learning, and a contributing member of society.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Arbor Grove Primary School can be found by visiting arborgroveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Lana Viska, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6497 4800 or emailing Lana.Viska@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 27 October 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.