Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS708947
Yarralinka Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and hardworking Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally be team players and be able to work in collaboration with the Cleaner-in-Charge to create and maintain an exceptionally clean and hygienic school environment. You will be responsible for internal and external cleaning duties which include, but are not limited to, dusting, carpet maintenance, rubbish removal, cleaning of toilets, cleaning of drinking troughs and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge on a daily basis. During the Vacation Cleaning Program, duties will include, but are not limited to, stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandahs and undercover areas, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge. Suitable applicants should have the ability to communicate effectively, work collaboratively in a team environment and embrace our school work culture and ethos.
Yarralinka PS opened in 2021 and is located in the rapidly growing suburb of Southern River. The school is a two-stage build and will expand to include additional buildings when stage 2 opens in 2023. This is a school located in a unique setting and seeks to reflect the aspirations and needs of our local community. We have a focus on developing the whole-child through authentic community partnerships and collaborative approaches.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Yarralinka Primary School please visit www.yarralinkaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Chris Burgess, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9391 4340 or emailing Christopher.Burgess2@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 27 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.